Wednesday 16 July 2014

Sarah and Tim | Wedding

I went and met with Sarah, Tim and their two boys about six weeks before their wedding. I heard all about the last minute date change (which is the point I got involved), and the small scale informal family affair they had planned. I warmed to Sarah instantly, and we ended up having another cuppa at the end of our meeting just to chat more about life.

I was completely charmed by the day. The ceremony was in Harrogate (pre stage 1 of the Tour de Yorkshire), and the reception was in Sarah and Tim's house in Otley with catering by the local cafe and childcare provided by a biiig supply of loom bands. Though it was small and informal, this wedding was brimming with emotion and lacked nothing, it was as full as any country house hosted day with all the trimmings. Sarah and Tim's two boys did a grand job of calming Sarah's nerves before the ceremony, being ring-bearers, and providing a very touching poem that Sarah's sister read out in the ceremony. It just goes to show what's important - people you love, thoughtful contributions (like hugs, poems, toasts, cards, overnight childcare), and a relationship worth celebrating. I so thoroughly enjoyed this day and am really pleased I was able to be there and capture it - it did me a lot of good.

All images ©KateCooperPhotography2014

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.