Monday 18 October 2010

Sarah and Fintan's Sheffield Wedding

This is Sarah and Fintan, the most laid-back couple I think I've ever met. They were the first people to ask me to do their photos - and along the whole process always seemed so chilled out about the whole thing. Given that they asked me in February for a September wedding, they ended up being wedding number 4 ... but it felt like a milestone all the same.

I managed to battle through a heavy cold that had knocked me out the day before. Thanks Be to the power of strong flu medicine. Tis good to know these things work!

So ... a few of my favourite things.

1) It was fun being able to turn up at the girls house with tidings of how the boys were doing, having seen them just beforehand for some boys-getting-ready shots. I'm not sure I'll attempt this again as it added another stage of running around - but it was fun all the same! 

2) The atmosphere created by these two - their easygoing natures seemed to spill out into the whole day creating a relaxed environment - guests were commenting on this too.

3) The way we did the group-shots. I had to convince these two to have any at all - not something I ever anticipated doing. In the spirit of not letting group shots rule the day we did immediate family and bridal party straight after the service in about 5 minutes flat, and then did wider family and friends after the meal while the room was being set up for dancing. It worked so well - no-one was kept around getting hungry, the bride and groom had time with their guests and there was just less pressure all round.

4) The speeches. The bridal party are still grieving the recent loss of a close friend and family member. This whole experience was spoken of so tenderly on what was always going to be a poignant day. The speeches held together the reality of the sadness alongside the joy of the occasion without either denying the other.

So, congratulations Mr and Mrs Walker. Thanks for taking a chance.












All images ©KateCooperPhotography2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.